ART SHOW/FESTIVAL SCHEDULE 2013:
May 5; Saratoga Rotary Art Show, 9AM-5PM, http://www.saratogarotary.org/artshow/index.shtml, Booth 319
May 18 & 19; The Los Altos Rotary Art Show "Fine Art In The Park", 10AM-5:30PM, http://rotaryartshow.com/index.html, Booth 125
June 22 & 23; La Jolla Festival of the Arts, 10AM-6PM Saturday, 10AM-5PM Sunday, http://www.lajollaartfestival.org/
July 19, 20 & 21; Art Fair Jackson Hole 2013, 10AM-6PM (4PM Sunday), http://www.jhartfair.org/
July 27 & 28; Aspen Art Festival, 10AM-5PM, http://www.artfestival.com/Festivals/9th_Annual_Downtown_Aspen_Art_Festival_Aspen_Colorado.ASPX
August 9, 10 & 11; Sun Valley Center Arts & Crafts Festival, 10AM-6PM (5PM Sunday), http://sunvalleycenter.org/arts-crafts-festival/
August 16, 17 & 18; Art Fair Jackson Hole 2013, 10AM-6PM (4PM Sunday), http://www.jhartfair.org/
August 24 & 25; Palo Alto Festival of the Arts, 10AM-6PM, http://mlaproductions.com/PaloAlto/index.html
August 31, September 1 & 2; Mammoth Labor Day Festival of the Arts, 10AM-6PM (5PM on Sept. 2), http://monoarts.org/labordayfestival.html
September 21 & 22; Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival, 10AM-6PM (5PM on Sept. 16), http://www.mvfaf.org/
October 12/13 & 19/20; Open Studios Art Tour produced by the Cultural Council of Santa Cruz County, 11AM-5PM, http://www.openstudiosarttour.org
October 26 & 27; Danville Fall Crafts Festival, 10AM-5PM, http://www.mlaproductions.com/Danville-Fall/index.html
November 1, 2 & 3; Sacramento Arts Festival, 10AM-6PM (5PM on Nov. 4), http://sacartsfest.com/visitor_home.html
November 9 & 10; Rancho Mirage Art Affaire, 9:30AM-4PM, http://www.ranchomirageca.gov/index.php?url=residents/things_to_do/art_affaire.php&referrer=ci.rancho-mirage.ca.us
- My image "Elephant at Waterhole" was awarded Judge's Choice for the 2012 North American Nature Photography Association's Expressions Annual Contest (NANPA, http://www.nanpa.org/ ).
- My image "Bison" WON the Wildlife Category and my image "Male Tiger Scratch-Marking Tree" was awarded Highly Honored in the Endangered Species Category of Nature's Best Magazine's prestigious annual Windland Smith Rice International Awards. "Bison" will be displayed along with the other category winners in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C. from April 16 through September 25, 2011. I am humbled and honored that my two images were chosen to be among the 150 (out of over 20,000 submitted) images featured in the Fall/Winter 2010 edition of Nature's Best Magazine. Please go online at http://www.naturesbestphotography.com/ for further information.
- "Male Tiger Scratch-Marking Tree" was selected Tier I (Top 10 images) out of over 3,000 submitted for North American Nature Photography Association's (NANPA, http://www.nanpa.org/ ) Expressions Annual 2011 Publication.
- My images "Elephants on the River Bank" and "Mara Elephants (Female)" have been selected by Williams Sonoma Home as unique limited edition prints in their 2011 Art Catalog.
- "Best of Show" for Photography; La Jolla Festival of the Arts 2011
- First Place Ribbon for Photography; Rancho Mirage Art Affaire 2010
- Third Place Ribbon for Photography; Indian Wells Arts Festival 2009
- Two of my images, "Cottonwoods, Dunes and Clearing Storm II" and "Before the Storm" have been awarded Merit Awards at COLOR Magazine's Single Image Contest, and are published in the May 2010 issue.
- My following images were awarded North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) Expressions Annual Tier III Winners:
"Hippo Charge Part II" and "Bison" in NANPA Expressions 2010
"The Crossing II" in NANPA Expessions 2009
- "Bison" was awarded a Winner in the 'Plants, Animals, Insects & Gardens' segment of the 2009 PDN (Photo District News)/National Geographic Traveler "the Great Outdoors" Contest", and published in PDN's August 2009 issue.
- My image "Mesquite Flat Dunes III" was awarded a Merit Award for B&W Magazine's Single Image Contest, and published in B&W Magazine's Special Issue in February 2009.
- My image "Tussling Elephants (Playful Greeting)" was awarded a Finalist of Photographer's Forum Magazine's "27th Annual Spring Photography Contest" in 2007, and was published in their "Best of Photography 2007 Annual."